
It was my honor to put Zack to bed last night. We always read a story, brush teeth, and then say prayers. Zack's prayer was very simple: "Heavenly Father, we're thankful for this day. Please help me to ride a two wheeler......amen."
Zack has wanted to ride a two wheeler for a very long time. We made him a work chart about a month ago so he could work toward a new bike. He was so excited the day we were able to go and buy him a brand new bike with training wheels. After a quick spin, he asked me to take them off. I tried to explain how he needed them and I finally persuaded him to keep them on.
But after last night's prayer, I had to take them off today. I put on my roller blades and followed him around for about an hour this morning mostly holding on to him. We took a break and we went back out this evening. He was so determined, it didn't take him long to figure out that when he started leaning to one side, to turn that direction. Now the kid rides a two wheeler like a pro.
Kelly gave the lesson in church about remembering God's blessings and how in the hymn, 'Count Your Many Blessings', it says that it may "surprise" us what the Lord has done. I was very surprised how quickly Zack was able to ride his bike today. I have no doubt he received an answer to his simple prayer.


15 comments:
Good job Zack!! What a fun day! I can't wait to see the pro in action!
Way to go Zack!! He is so very cute.
we watched all afternoon out the window! way to go Zack!
I LOVE Zack's prayers!! What a cutie! I am so glad he mastered it!
Great job Zack. Heavenly Father loves little children and blesses them. You are a blessed boy.
Love,
Grandpa
That is so great! I love the story and I am so happy he was able to do it. It was fun to see pictures of the neighborhood.
What a tender story about a child's perfect faith. Great job, Zack. This is a fun milestone to experience.
That's so cute!! Good for him!
Yea Zack!!! That is so fun, he must have some of that great Davis athleticism in him!!!!
Kids amaze me too. They really do learn so fast, especially when they are determined. I learn a lot from these little ones! Great post!
This feels so exclusive now! Go Zack. That was cute that Willy followed him around on his blades.
Okay, that was the sweetest post EVER! Thanks for sharing, Will! Way to go, Zack!!!
So impressive! Zack is a really determined kid. You are such a fun daddy.
Post a Comment