Thursday, June 26, 2008

I love being a MOM

I have to say that it is true! Sure I have my days when I think it would be a great idea to post my boys on eBay, but when it comes right down to it, I LOVE it. It seems that every challenge is met with a reward.
Take the other day for example. I met a friend at Old Navy. Zack was being really naughty, so after chasing him around the store I had to carry him out to the car. Then later that afternoon we where naming all of his best friends. I added my name into the mix. Zack laughingly told me that I'm just his mom, not his friend. How silly could I be? But that night I got to snuggle him while reading stories and listen as he animatedly tells me that when he grows up he is going to be a deep sea diver, and that if he sees mean fish at the bottom of the ocean he's going to "karate chop" them. Like this mom, and shows me some surprisingly good karate chops. He also tells me I get to stay at the top of the boat and watch him, but that he'll teach me the karate moves if I want. I am constantly amazed by Zack's abilities, and I love him so much.
Then there is my little Brody. Will and I call him our little puppy because he reminds us of a Labrador retriever. The kid hardly ever gives me grief and is such a happy little boy. I love his open mouth kisses (still hasn't figured that one out, but I don't care) and his snuggles. He is such a lover and snuggler, and quite the comedian. I love how he tries to jump off the couch but really just slides down the front, but is always so proud of himself and as long as we cheer, never realizing that he has really just fallen. He also likes to climb on the table and taunt me by doing a little dance with a huge grin on his face. He says yyyah, to most every question you ask, including " do you want dirt for lunch", and only says nnoo with his cute little o shaped lips, when you ask him if he wants to go to bed. He's such a little peace maker and usually just falls into Zack's arms for a hug if they are fighting.
Both my kids are amazing little boys. Very different and very strong in their own way, but it makes me wonder...... what would happen if we had another? Who would that child be? How would they act? What would their strengths, and weaknesses be?
I guess I'll have to wait and see...
but not too long:)


BABY #3 COMING THE END OF FEBRUARY!!!!!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! What a beautiful post, Kelly. And I am so excited and happy for you and Will, and I can't wait to be an Aunt again! Your boys are amazing and I miss them so much. They are so sweet and smart and adventurous. And what cuties! I can't wait to meet the next little bundle! Congratulations!

Audrey said...

Congrats to you!!! I will send pink wishes your way, but since you make such darling little boys, another Davis boy would be great too. I am very excited for you.

Amy said...

Congratulations you guys!!! I am SO excited for you! I love the 3 tests all lined up... LOL!
Your boys are adorable, I can't wait to see what baby #3 is like!!!
Congrats again!!!

Cynthia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Linda Clark said...

What wonderful posts...I have been away for a couple of weeks enjoying being a grandma, so am catching up once again. Will, your blog about Zack and his faith and prayers for riding his bike was fantastic and a favorite part was your patience with him. Kelly, you always write such great accounts of your happenings, it's always fun to read. Congrats on number 3 to terrific parents!

Thelissa said...

Holy Cow! I'm so excited! I love that you took three pregnancy tests. Why do we do that? Like the first one is a lie or something! :) I've done that with every pregnancy. Paul laughs and tells me to stop buying them! There is no question a baby is on its way! Congratulations!

Paulene Davis said...

This is a tender post. I love how you have characterized Zack and Brody. And I couldn't be more excited for #3. You are a wonderful, sensitive, and caring mother. This new person will be blessed to join the Will and Kelly Davis family.

teresa said...

I'm so excited for you!! (and kinda jealous!)

dale@pdxhrpro.com said...

Kelly,
I am so happy for you. You constantly amaze me with your energy, your patience and your light hearted way. Just now, I was talking to you, and the boys were crying and fussing and you always are soo sweet and never raise your voice and continually are such a good mommy to them. I have you as a role model, as I readily would post my kids on ebay on any given day (love that line) This new baby will be a welcome addition to the family and is so lucky to have you and Will as parents (and Zack and Brody for brothers) Congratulations!!!

Kimberly

Amber said...

How exciting! Congratulations Kelly. Are you still running now that you are pregnant? I hope you are feeling well and I will pray for a girl :). Not that boys aren't wonderful, but I am sure a girl would be nice.

Bree D. said...

Congratulations Kelly- that is very exciting and I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!

Sara said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! I can't wait to see baby #3! Did you seriously take 3 pregnancy tests, or did you find that on the web? How are you feeling? ALL my friends are pregnant now and it makes me baby hungry even though Dylan's not even 1..ah!

Love you...happy 4th...let's talk soon!

Amy said...

Congrats Will & Kelly. We're so excited for you. The timing is perfect (for me). I should be feeling better, should you feel sick. Then I can bring you seabands and cook you lunch :)s

Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is very exciting. Zack and Brody are lucky to have such a fun Mom...and baby #3 is too!

Emily Call said...

yay! Congrats, that is so exciting!

Ashly said...

OHHHHH - - wow!!!! How exciting!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. New babies are the best!!! I can't wait!

Carolyn said...

Congrats! Way excited for you. And to answer your question, no I'm not home yet. Coming home on Monday. Good thing since I forgot what my husband and friends look like.