Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

I'm quite sure that Will is the best dad I've ever seen, and I'm grateful because my kids lives will be enriched because of it. Here are the top 4 things I love about Will as the father of our children and my husband:

1. He puts his children at the top of his list of priorities and loves spending time with them. He gets down and plays with them and teaches them and they have FUN together!

2. He feels his role as a father is as equal to mine as a mother. He never says "I have to babysit" because he doesn't feel as a father if he spends time with the kids and I'm not there that he is baby sitting, rather he's fulfilling his role as dad. He truly loves the time alone with the kids. I love that!

3. He always encourages me to go out and get a break, pursue hobbies and be with friends. He never makes me feel bad for doing things for me. He gladly takes care of the boys if I'm out and I usually come home to a straitened living room, or tidy kitchen. What I love is when I come home in the mornings after a workout and find all three of my boys gathered around the griddle making pancakes for breakfast. Then he feeds them and takes them off to shower.

4. Will is extremely relaxed and easy going. I am very grateful that when I let the day get away from me and he comes home to find the living room floor scattered with toys and the kitchen counters covered in "stuff" and that there isn't anything but brown rice for dinner, he doesn't care!

Will is amazing what more can I say. I've always known he would make a great dad. I suppose that, and many other reasons, are why I married him!

This is the day it all started 1-25-04

This is one of my favorite pictures of Zack and Will

Daddy and Zack Shaving

Enter "sweet boy" number two 10-27-06

Fun family trip to Vegas

8 comments:

Ashly said...

HOw cute!!! Will is a great dad!

Thelissa said...

Love your new background and love your thoughts about Will. He is a good guy and great Dad. Aren't you glad we made good choices in our hubby's. They make all the difference!

Linda Clark said...

What a wonderful tribute to your wonderful Will. He definately is a great guy and such a great father.

Audrey said...

Will is grand, and you two make a great couple. I love the new look, and how did you get the butterflies to stay still when I scroll? Teach me oh wise one!!!

Bree D. said...

Will is a great dad! Loved all the pictures of them together!

Amber said...

I love the pictures. What a great dad!

Paulene Davis said...

I loved Will's photo history. I am so thankful that Will has you to love him and the two boys. You have a wonderful family.

HeatherK said...

Hi Kelly,
your so nice.. I would love to going running sometime.. although I doubt I could keep up with you.. We should plan another play date soon! your blog is so cute. I love all your pics!