Zack has grown up so much this year it even seems he's grown up a lot since turning 4, but that is probably all in my mind. He is very enthusiastic little boy, and he makes things really fun because he gets so excited about them. I think that is one of the best things about being his mom. He is also very determined and does not stop until he gets what he wants or accomplishes what he set out to do. This is a very good characteristic and will get him far in life, it does create some hurtles as a parent but I love it. I remember him being much smaller, maybe two? and trying to jump over some pillows or blocks we had set up. They where about waist high. He was so determined to jump over them, and he was concentrating so hard, and of course he did jump over them. Will and I where in shock at how high he was able to jump and we loved to see his determination and confidence in himself. Back then he couldn't talk and I always wondered what he was thinking and now I can here him repeating to himself "I can do it, I can do it" when faced with a challenge, usually a physical one like jumping off the counter onto the carpet, climbing a 30 foot rock wall, or crossing difficult monkey bars at the park. He never ceases to amaze me and being that he is only 4, I can only imagine what the future holds. I love being Zack's mom, I love spending time with him seeing his curiosity and eagerness to learn new things, how to sound out words, or wondering how to spell words, and many other things that I can't think of right now. He's like a little sponge. His pre-school teacher informed me that this year , age 4-5 , he will learn and retain such a huge amount of knowledge. It's really an important year for kids so I have a big job ahead of me. I hope that I am able to help him learn and develop skills he'll need for the rest of his many years. I am so blessed to have such a fun little boy to call my own. I love and adore you Zackary.
10 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!! I love sitting behind Zach during Primary... he is so well behaved and says the funniest things! :)
(Good job on the scrapbook page Kelly!!)
Happy Birthday! He is so sweet. Oh to be four again!
Happy Birthday! He is so sweet. Oh to be four again!
Wow, 4 years old...doesn't time fly? What a cute not-so-little boy. You both are such good parents. They grasp so much in those early years and seem to get smarter over night. Your scrapbook page is great, darling pictures.
Happy Birthday Zach!
The girls had a great time at his party, thanks for the invite! Love the photo collage, very cute!
It seems like yesterday when you brought Zach home. I can't believe he is four and so grown up.
Zack is a wonderful boy. I love his enthusiasm and excitement for life. He is so fun to be around and I always enjoy every minute that I am able to spend with him. His pirate costume is adorable.
He is such a fun little guy! Happy Birthday Zack!!! We can't wait to see you guys, and the girls are dying to play with him and Brody.
Happy Birthday, Zack! I'm so glad he had a great birthday. He's such a fun boy and Brandon sure loves playing with him. It is amazing how the time flies!
Post a Comment