Again, for those who have not heard the magnitude of this storm, please do a Google news search on the snow storm and you will read how many students spent the night in their school, main roads were closed and buried in snow drifts, search and rescue was deployed to search over 50 abandoned cars. Many of which ran out of gas because it took them so long to get home. The Maverik gas station by my house was full of cars with spending the night. They just built a new motel with 60 rooms right next to it that filled up and they had to turn people away. I was very lucky to make it home when I did. I do not feel sorry for myself anymore. My best friend Scott didn't get home until about 11:30 after leaving school at 3:30. Below is a picture of what our house looked like the day after. The measuring stick reads 23 inches.

7 comments:
We heard about this storm and all the havic it created. Wow, that 23inches is a lot of snow. Glad you made it home okay. So when are you heading to Disneyland?
Please, please, please take me with you to CA!!!! We are all so glad that you made it home ok, we were worried for you while watching the news that night and seeing all the people at the gas station by your house. Lucky for Paul, PG didn't get hit nearly as hard, but I am ready for spring non the less!!
Glad you are safe! come and thaw at our house by the pool. It still takes an hour & a half to get anywhere, but at least the sun is shining and your window may be down as you are driving.
It truly has been a winter to remember. I am so thankful that you are safe. We pray daily for our children's safety and well being. I know that our prayers are answered more than we can count.
YIKES! When are you going to move to sunny Arizona?!? :)
I feel your pain. I was on the road that day, and John took the bus that normally gets him home around 6 and instead he fianlly made it at 8:15! I was going 3 miles an hour along the road that is next to the golf coarse over here. My kids had been home alone from school for 2 hours! What a day!
I do not envy your snow, but Disneyland? I am jealous. You guys will have a blast and this is a good time to go. Hopefully, you won't have to spend much time in line. I'm glad you have a fun trip to look forward to and I'm even more glad that you're safe!
Post a Comment