Friday, May 30, 2008

Jeff Galloway

This was such an exciting day for me because I was able to meet, and actually spend some time with Jeff Galloway, one of my running icons. A friend referred me to one of his training books years ago. I have referred to it often over the years for motivation and training tips, and was thrilled when I found out that Salt Lake was starting a Galloway training program for the St. George marathon. I contacted the program directer a few months ago and have been running with them ever since. I was able to help Christi (our program director) with our group kick off a couple weeks ago, at which Jeff and his wife came to speak. Christi and I met him for coffee before the kickoff and it was so fun to chat with him about some of his experiences. They have a training camp in Greece and have run many marathons there and it sounded so amazing, especially since that is where the Marathon got started.
His energy is amazing and even now in his 60's he and his wife run a marathon every MONTH. Can you believe that!!! Amazing. I was so honored to meet him, and thrilled to be able to get my book signed and these great pictures with him too. It was a phenomenal night!

7 comments:

Ashly said...

Wow Kellie - that's really cool. I'm seriously impressed with all your running and with how involved you are with things. Way to go! I think we'll see you sat - we are going to the little concert......

Thelissa said...

He is 60? He does not look very old at all! I can't believe it! I guess that is what being healthy can do for you! I'm so impressed with all of your work!

Audrey said...

Congrats! That is so cool! It looks like a happy group. I ran on the treadmill the other day, and thought I was going to die, so my hat is off to you!

Bree D. said...

How fun, you didn't tell us about it today. Next time we are together I want to hear more about what he said.

Amber said...

How fun.

Amy said...

That is so exciting! I'm glad you were able to be there - and extra exciting to sit down and talk with him!

Anonymous said...

Wow , i can't believe you met Jeff Galloway! I know of him, but I haven't read any of his stuff. Which book would you recommend?