Last year I brought in my 30th year competing in the Women of Steel triathlon. This year I decided to bring in an additional year the same way. My main goal in this race was to beat my last year's time. This year I finished in 01:18:15.11. That time put me in 30th place out of 116 in my age division and 95th out of the 533 total participants. So, I beat my last years time by 00:02:14.1. In a race like this every second counts so I'm proud of my 00:02:14.1 improvement, but of course me being me, wish it was a lot more. There is always next year, right!! If you are interested click here for my resultsThis was also the first race this year that my boys could be at. My previous running races were a little lonely. Even though I had friends there I missed seeing /hearing my family cheer for me and getting a hug as I crossed the finish line. I have to say that my favorite part of the race this year, as well as last, was seeing my three cute boys cheer me on, and hearing little Zack yelling "Go MOM Go"! Will said he was kind of timid about it at first but then really got into it, and it really gave me a little extra "umph" to get to the finish line.
After the race, walking back to the car Zack told me he was hot. I told him that while I was running and got hot I dumbed a glass of water on my head, and suggested he try it. He did, and liked it so much he's been doing it when he gets hot in the back seat of the car. I guess I should have told him only outside! I still think it is adorable. I also asked him what his favorite part of the day was and he said "watching you run in the race!" Love it!

My training partner Amy got really sick and wasn't able to compete with me, I sure missed her!! I was really sad that she couldn't be there, and it was really nice to have my sister in law Bree there, along with her sister, to chat with before and after the race. They both did really well. We'll all have to do it again next year!
After the race Will's parents took us all out for a Birthday Dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Thank you guys it was such a great time! Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures with them, but Paulene took these cute ones of my family.


13 comments:
Wow! Happy Birthday and congrats on the triathalon. I'm so impressed. If you are able to do it than I guess I can't use motherhood as an excuse for my inactivity! Good for you!
Happy Birthday! I am glad that we were able to do the race together as well. It was really fun and I am so impressed with your times, Fantastic!!!
You are so impressive! Go Momma!
Happy Birthday!! I so glad you were able to improve your time... and you finished! (I would never get close to finishing) I'm so glad there are video clips too! So fun to hear Zach cheering you on! Looks like you had a great day!
Way to go, what an awesome accomplishment that you were able to do it again and improve your times. And what motivation, ALL your cute boys cheering you on. Birthday dinners are the best. FYI: Water over the head is a personal favorite of mine after working outside in the yard on very hot days!
Happy Late Birthday! What a loser friend to not remember. Sorry, but it sounds like you had a great day.
The pictures really did turn out great of your family - I think it is because the subjects are all so great.We love eating out with you and especially when we can share a birthday cake and divide the frosting flowers. Congrats on an outstanding race. Happy Birthday and enjoy your time in Oregon.
What an amazing way to spend your birthday (loser sister-in-law for not calling! sorry!) Happy Birthday! I am so impressed that you and Bree are triathalete wonder women. Carter loved looking at these pictures and pointed out "bodey" and "sack" What charming faces they have!
Happy Birthday. You are so amazing and you look great!
Happy birthday!!! I'm happy you got to do a race again. You make it look effortless. You look amazing, by the way. Great job!!
Happy Birthday Kelly! I hope your day was the BEST!
Kelly, way to go! That is awesome! It is great to be able to reach your goals. You inspire me...I need you to coach me!
Seriously I feel like such a SCHMUCK for missing your birthday this year!!! I'm sorry, Kell!
Post a Comment