Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Your vote is important

Alright everyone, this is so important!!!! Please take a couple minutes and vote for our friends to get this "home makeover". I honestly don't know of a more deserving family and this would benefit them so much! I think that what Amy has had to deal with would put most of us in a loony bin( it would me at least), but she has never so much as complained. She is an amazing, strong person who deserves this more than I can explain! Tell everyone you know to vote! I can't even put into words how important I feel this is, so I've let Amy do the talking....
Please read and watch the video and most importantly PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is where you can vote
http://www.americahometoday.com/homemakeover/20


Four years ago my 26 year old husband owned his own construction company and remodeled homes for others. He was a dedicated, hard-working, generous contractor and husband. We were looking forward to the birth of our 4th child and living in the home that he built for us.

Scott wasn't one to visit the doctor frequently, but had an MRI scheduled after suffering severe headaches and dizziness that were preventing him from working the long days he was used to. Together we went to the hospital, I went in for my ultrasound and found out we'd be having our 3rd boy and Scott went in for an MRI.

The news of another son was as wonderful as the news that Scott had a brain tumor on his brainstem was painful. After visiting with many doctors and multiple MRI's in a matter of days Scott was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for brain surgery that would save his life. We were ill-prepared and feared how we would make ends meet while he recovered.

During his 5 1/2 hour surgery my sweet husband lost a great deal of blood and suffered a stroke.

In the months ahead it became apparent that this experience would forever change our lives and Scott would battle for years to regain some of the ability he once had. He has pushed himself through endless hours of therapy learning to sit-up, swallow, hold a spoon, and coordinate his movements.

After 3 years Scott still battles double vision, complete numbness on his right side, loss of hearing, and poor balance but he continues to expect more of himself and moves forward with courage, direction and determination. He recently finished his first semester at the University of Utah with all it's challenges and triumphs.

Our family, friends, and loving neighbors have been everything we needed to keep our heads above water and give us the hope to continue. We love our neighborhood, but our home presents some daily frustrations for Scott. Our home is on 3 levels and to get from one level to the next he has to crawl on his hands and knees. This caused water on the knee (which thankfully he couldn't feel because it was on his right side!) His wheelchair won't fit through the main bathroom doorway, and so more crawling. If we could make improvements that would help him reach a cup in the kitchen, wash his face at the sink, and visit his children's rooms with ease this would be a blessing. Scott built this house as a gift to his family. I would love to extend that gift by making our home more comfortable for him.

OKAY, NOW GO VOTE!!!

7 comments:

Thelissa said...

I totally voted! Holy Cow for them! I hope they win! Keep us informed!

Amy said...

I voted too! Hope they win! Looks like an amazing family!

Bree D. said...

I went right over and put in my vote as the MOST deserving!!! Can I vote more than once?

Amber said...

That video was so touching. I remember you telling me about their family. I voted and hopefully a lot of others will as well.

Linda Clark said...

Thank you for sharing this with everyone and giving us an important way to give love and service today. I voted and hopefully others will, too.

Audrey said...

What a beautiful family, and they are definately most deserving. I voted and pressed the keys really hard so they would know how much we all mean it! Thank you for letting us know about this.

Paulene Davis said...

I voted the other day and I could swear that I left a comment.We certainly won't tell anyone that I am loosing it. I love Scott and Amy. Is there anything else we can do?