Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Love it!!!

I have started serious training now for triathlon season. The first tri I want to do is at the end of march and I'd prefer not to die in the pool. I am taking a tri training class that started last sat. and I LOVE IT !! I love that my 7 month pregnant instructor (crazy!) is so knowledgeable and I'm hopeful she will really help me improve. I am also very glad that Amy is taking the class with me so I don't look so stupid skipping, bounding, sprinting, and doing whatever other running drills we have to around the track. Actually I'm sure I still look funny, I just don't feel funny. Thanks Amy! Now you all know where to get a good laugh-Legacy center track, Sat. morning. This is my first week with the new training schedule and so far so good. My muscles are a little sore from lifting weights and I'm too tired to get ready for the day so I have scraggly hair, tired eyes, and I reek of chlorine, BUT my head is clear my body feels strong and I am happy! I'm going to try and figure out how to post the workouts she has planned for us for any one interested in using them. I am a little slow at stuff like this so it may take a while.

9 comments:

Paulene Davis said...

Fabulous news about the boys sleeping. Is that why you have the energy to train for a triathlon? Your talents and abilities to do these physical activities are very impressive. I am glad that Amy is working with you. It is always more fun to do things with a friend. I am glad that you feel happy and strong. Best of luck.

Jessica said...

Wow! You are one motivated girl. I would be very interested in your workouts that you do in your class. I'm happy for you that your sleeping arrangement is working out well. I know that feeling of being tired and sore, but it does feel good in the end. Keep it up!

Amy said...

It does feel good when the kids will sleep until 7. Congrats on that. I'm glad we're doing this class together too. I love to follow you around on the track!

Emily Call said...

You are so awesome Kelly! I am just trying to get on the treadmill at least 3 days a week. I have so much to learn. Good Luck!

Linda Clark said...

I am very impressed with your desire to do this triathion thing. Keep up the good work, you certainly have a wonderful family fan club.

Bree D. said...

Good luck in the training, I wish I could be there with you and Amy!! I just got back from my session in the pool with my sister, I really do love swimming. Keep up the good work, you are going to do great in the Tri!! Of course I would also love to get your training routines from your class!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kelly! Wow! You are impressive. I bet you will do awesome on the tri. Which tri is it? The Icebreaker or the Telos one?

Audrey said...

Congrats! and Good Luck with the training. That will be quite the accomplishment. You are amazing. I hope the boys are still sleeping into the morning. We have early risers too, and it sure makes for a short night. I experienced your "stay-indoors because-it-is-cold" last week, and so I won't tell you that it is 75 today, and I just back from the pool with Grace. oops I guess I just told you.

Sara said...

WOW!!! I'm so impressed! 2 sleeping kids and you up at 5 to train for a tri...way to go! You're so awesome, Kell! Wish I was there to do it with you, but I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you on both counts. You know there's no sleeping or working out going on down here yet!