Friday, January 11, 2008

the GOOD the BAD and the UGLY

The Good:
This week was a phenomenal week for me. I was able to reconnect with three great friends who are very dear to my heart and whom I've not spoken with or seen in many years, 5 years I think. I received an email early in the week from one, a letter yesterday from another, and a phone call today from yet another. All people I care so much for and have missed terribly over the years. I am so elated!!!!! I also received an email from a friend who recently went through a yucky divorce and moved to Arizona. She is doing very well and sounds very happy, I was so happy to hear that! It was all a very wonderful surprise and made this week wonderful. What a great way to start the new year!
The Bad:
Zack fell asleep on the floor today for two hours(that's good) when he woke up he was laying in a pool of potty (that's the bad). To add to it my steam vac. carpet cleaner is broken. I cleaned it up as best I could but I still know there was a lake of pee on my floor and it grosses me out!
I thought my days of pee carpet left with the dog!
The Ugly:
Day 6 and counting of no makeup, hair in a pony tail, out in public no less. Sorry world and any small children I may have scared along my way!

12 comments:

Emily Call said...

ha ha. too funny. speaking of the ugly... that was totally me this week, however i didn't go out in public too much since the girls have been sick, but i know it would have been very ugly.

Amber said...

Kelly,

Hello my long lost neighbor. Cherry sent me a link to her log a while ago and I didn't realize until today that I could get to yours from her page. I am really behind on this whole blogging thing. How are you? Your boys are so cute. I can't believe we haven't talked since I moved. I am terrible at staying in touch. But I have thought about you often and wondered how you were doing.

I would love to get an update on your family. Is Will still working with his Dad and is he still in school? From what I have read it sounds like you have been without sleep for a very long time. But I am glad that your kids are sleeping better now.

Things are going good for us. We love living in Idaho but miss all of our neighbors and friends from Utah. The twins turned one last month, which was hard to believe. Jaden has had a hard adjustment with them coming to our family, but I think he is doing better now.

I hope to start a blog of my own soon. I will let you know when I do. I hope to hear from you soon! I miss living by you and being able to talk to you.

Amber

Amber said...

Kelly,

It's me again. I was go to send you an invite to the blog I just started but I guess I have to have your email. (I have no idea what I am doing.) You can email me at ajvest@msn.com and I will send you the invite.

Amber

Bree D. said...

Funny, on the exact same day Liv wet the bed during her nap, only the mattress protector that I thought was water proof wasn't!!! So we kind of had the same afternoon of cleaning up pee, silly!! Then I had to run to the store to buy a new protector, making sure it said "waterproof" this time!

Look how smart you are, changing your back ground all by yourself without a lesson from Jerianne!! It is very cute!

Audrey said...

ok I am left out on changing the blog background thing, but I have 2 very valuable words for you. "URINE B-GONE" (is that 3 words?) You can get it at Bed, Bath & Beyond. (use a coupon) It is a miracle in a spray bottle.

Paulene Davis said...

I just smile when I read yours and others stories like this post. Been there, done that years ago. You are a wonderful and patient mother. Keep up the fabulous work with my darling grandsons.

Paulene Davis said...

P.S. I love the paper that you chose for your backdrop. I need a lesson!!!!!

Thelissa said...

Hi guys, I don't know if you remember us, we are the Powell's that used to live down there? I found your blog through Benich's. Anyway, Paul and I used to come visit/home teach, ring a bell? Well, I just wanted to say that your family has grown and they are all so cute! I loved your post about your son asking if your baby came through your mouth! So funny.

Hope you don't mind I commented. I may check back to see how you are. My blog is thelissasthoughts.blogspot.com. If you can't remember who we are, maybe the pictures will jog your memory.:)

It was so good to see your blog and know that you are doing good! You all look great!

Sara said...

So funny! I can totally relate... we were out and about yesterday and I was no where near presentable. Oh well! I love your new background btw! Maybe I'll call for a lesson, too! :)

Linda Clark said...

Dale just watched that movie on New Year's Day, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, it was one of those Clint Eastwood marathons... how fitting for your recent experiences. We have those to make us humble???? or something like that. Your attitude is great!

Jessica said...

I love your background paper! It sounds like you had an eventful week, but more good than bad. AND you could never look ugly! Make-up or not, you always look great! Clever post.

Jamie said...

What is the no make-up/hair done thing?