Friday, October 19, 2007

I just blinked




Where did this year go? It seems that I just closed my eyes with a tiny dark haired, 7 1/2 pound baby boy asleep on my chest. When I opened them I found an adorable little blond boy, arms and legs spilling over the sides of my torso hardly fitting any more. Where did my little baby go? Most of this year seems to be a blur. I honestly can't believe Brody is 1. He is so much fun, and is starting to do so many things. He took his first few steps on his birthday. His favorite things to do are:
play chase
take everything out of the cabinets and put himself in their place
sit on the dishwasher door
stand on his tippy toes on the dishwasher door to see whats going on in the sink
stand on his tippy toes to try and escape the house by jiggling the door knobs
stand on his tippy toes to see what's on the top of the table (he's pretty tall!)
push cars around the house (this takes up most of the day)
pulling the lever down on the water cooler to flood the kitchen
take baths, and splash as hard as he can soaking me and the entire bathroom
He just discovered crayons and walls. Not so great. He made a lovely drawing on the living room wall. He also thinks crayons are delicious.
He L O V E S the toilette and gets very excited when I forget to shut bathroom doors. (Yuck!)
He is a pretty easy going little guy so far and a lot of fun. Full of loves and snuggles. I have enjoyed this year with him so much (what I can remember of it:))

6 comments:

Bree D. said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! Can my little ones really only be a month away, impossible!!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe he's already 1! I'm happy that you have a blog so that I can see him grow up. Cute pumpkin cake!

Paulene Davis said...

Very cute title of your post. I feel like I just blniked and my children are parents. Brody is a very special little boy and we love him. We loved being at his birthday to see him open his presents (with Zack's help) and see him enjoy his cake. In fact, we all enjoyed the cake!!Happy Birthday, Brody

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday baby boy Brody! I love your description of closing your eyes with a tiny baby and opening to find a near toddler. I agree. Especially now that Carter talks back. Each child went faster and faster. Thanks for posting such cute pictures. He is so sweet!

Linda Clark said...

Cute boy and cute cake. Birthdays are the best and it looks like Brody's was great, especially with Grandpa and Grandma Davis there.

Sara said...

Brody's one?!? I can hardly believe it!!! They grow up so fast just like you said. How fun that he walked on his first birthday! Love your blog... keep them coming. Happy Birthday, Brody!!!