Brody is really enjoying T-Ball, this is his first organized activity just for him. It is so cute to watch all the little 3 and 4 year olds figure it out. I love how Brody lives up to his puppy persona and runs after the ball after he hits it.

This is Crew giving me a kiss. I love his kisses that he gives freely and frequently, even to complete strangers.I had a very nice Mother's day this year. My boys made me cards and Will helped them make impressions of their hands for me. Brody and Zack have the same size hands, in case you were wondering. We celebrated the rest of the holiday with Grandma, Grandpa, Rikki and her kids.


Zack and I started taking a Martial Arts class in January. We have loved it! I've always wanted to learn a form of Martial Arts and it is so fun doing it with my little man. We were able to test up to our yellow belts this month. I think we were both pretty nervous test day, me maybe more than him. I was so proud of Zack, he did so good. At our next class we were presented our Yellow belts and got to lead the class. Again I was nervous, as I don't like being in front of people, but I don't think Zack has inherited that from me, thank goodness. He killed it and new every kick and punch and did a great job. Again I was a proud mama watching his mad skills.



I celebrated my 33rd birthday. Oy!! It hurts to put it in print, especially since I still think I'm in my early 20's. I had such a great birthday. Will did a fabulous job of spoiling me. He took the day off work, so I ran some errands ALONE. I was spoiled with fun presents from my guys, had lunch with my in-laws, a treat with a friend, and wrapped it up with a painful yet effective deep tissue massage on my leg. All in all a great way to end my 32nd year!
I had a year full of ups and down just like any year. Some of my highlights were: surviving the foreignness of three kids, and emotional trauma of a unexpected c-section, getting back in shape after a baby, running a half marathon, surviving kindergarten (which was very hard on me), running a sub 7 min mile, running 22 miles (Amy are you smiling at this one?), making some important connections, taking yet another math class (only one left:)). Well, that's all I can think of now, perhaps one of my goals this year should be to do some memory exercises!!
Will fit 33 candles on my cake in the shape of a 33. A cake he made, I might add. Such a sweet heart.And then there was the exciting graduation of my little Zack from kindergarten. I fought back tears the whole day. I simply can't/don't want to believe he'll be in first grade next year. He had a good year this year. Made some great friends, I'm told he now knows who he'll be marrying, he did very well scholastically and learned so much. I had fun volunteering in the class and getting to know all of the students. I've been very happy with his school, even though I wish he didn't have to go.
Mrs. Garret was his teacher this year and Mrs. Miller was his assistant teacher. I loved that they had two teachers and usually a parent helper in the classroom each day! They were fabulous teachers, I couldn't have asked for better! After he got used to them, Zack loved them too.
Grandma and Grandpa shared our special day with us. It was so nice to have them there and meant a lot to Zack!
5 comments:
That was a busy month. I think 32 was good to you.
p.s. That picture of you doing that jump kick thingy is AWESOME!
Check you out all martial-artsy! Cool. That's really cute that you are taking it together. I didn't realize you are a WHOLE year older than me. :) You don't look a day over 24. I always think of myself early 20's too. It doesn't hurt to think like that does it?
How cool is that picture of you jump kicking!!! Congratulations to Zack on Graduating Kindergarten- that is a big deal! And happy late birthday (sorry I am terrible with birthdays!) and I hope your leg is doing lots better these days!!
Oh I miss you Kelly! I sooo loved reading all about this year and all you've done. You are one awesome lady! Courageous and beautiful!
I don't know about all that you did in your 32nd year, but the month of May was pretty darn full! Great pics! and thanks for coming to California in the middle of it all. We had a blast with you guys, and it was so great to have the kids play! Take care of that leg.
Post a Comment