Monday, May 24, 2010

April - Goblin Valley

Well, being that it is snowing and the kids are happily playing in their indoor forts instead of at the park or the zoo as I had planned for our first week of summer vacation. Yes, summer vacation, and do you know what does not belong with summer vacation??? Freaking S-N-O-W!!! I've officially had it with Utah. Urg.
Here's some pictures:

We took a little spontaneous day trip to Goblin Valley in April. We were all in heaven out in the sun and heat. We did a little hiking, a lot of climbing and playing, and picnicking. I am a desert rat at heart and so I was especially in love, I want to go back(or find somewhere else to explore) soon!!


The rock formations were magnificent!! And I loved the vast openness.








Crew decided he was lacking in some minerals, but took care of that quickly when we took him out of the backpack.


We all had so much fun looking for lizards. They were everywhere!









We took a little spontaneous day trip to Goblin Valley in April. We were all in heaven out in the sun and heat. I am a desert rat at heart and so I was especially in love, I want to go back soon!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun getaway. So glad you all got to go.

Carolyn said...

That looks so fun! HATING the snow this morning!!! ridiculous! Cute little family in all those pics!

Dixiechick said...

You know another great desert to visit is.....well you know. :)