Thursday, February 5, 2009

36 weeks and 4 days... but who's counting.

Zack loves this little baby already. He is always talking to him and pulling my shirt up to give him kisses. It doesn't matter where we are. The other day I was standing in line at the grocery store trying to find my debit card when he lifts my shirt up to give the baby kisses. It took me a minute to realize what was happening. The bag boy got a good laugh, and probably scare!

I got a little scare myself as Will was telling me how he couldn't remember my stomach ever sticking out this much, and then asked if that was a stretch mark he saw. I was horrified!! I didn't sleep a wink that night and kept dreaming of my skin stretching. I asked my midwife though and she assured me it is just the scar from my belly button piercing all distorted. I can live with that. A stretch mark is a whole other story!!

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh please!!!!! If you ever need a weight loss plan, come look at my stretch-mark covered stomach and it will make you puke.

Chad and Amy said...

You look so stinkin' cute, I am so jealous! Good Luck with the weeks ahead, we would love to help out if you need anything.

Amber said...

You look so cute! I love the picture of Zack hugging you. I could write a book on stretch marks. It's a good thing that they are in a place that I cover up every day!

Thelissa said...

Yeah, I could say plenty about stretch marks myself! My stomach looks like a topographical map. You won't get much sympathy from me if you do have ONE. I have a good friend like you, three pregnancies and not even one stretch mark. Love Zach kissing your belly!

Dixiechick said...

LOL!! I totally understand that paranoia about stretch marks. The last month, with all 3 of mine, I would check my under belly every single day in the mirror. I figured if I checked every day I could prevent it from happening somehow. :) Luckily I did walk away unscathed. I'm sure you will too. You look so dang cute (even though I know you don't feel it..you really do look cute).

Ashly said...

Wow? 36 weeks? You don't look big enough to be that far along! Good for you. I hope your luck holds! I'm sure Zach will be a great brother. He'll be a big help, that's for sure!

Sara said...

Hey pretty lady! Sick right now that you don't have a single stretch mark...better add lucky lady to the list of compliments. Love your boys in wigs!

Amy said...

Do you want people to egg your house? You're asking for it. ;) it's a good thing that we like you so much. ( I got my first stretch mark this time around and I'm not happy about it) I want your baby tocome out and play. It's time to meet him.

Paulene Davis said...

Zack is a wonderful tender boy and he truly loves his mother. These photos are keepers. It was great eating Chinese food with you this weekend.

Jodi Leishman said...

You're adorable!! Good luck in the next couple of weeks. We'll be watching for updates.

Stefanie said...

Kelly,

Found you from Sara's blog!

You look so cute!! WHat are you having?

I have three girls!!!!

Take care and good luck with the birth...I will enjoy seeing pics of your new baby soon.

Stef Harper Riddle