Monday, August 10, 2009

13.1 Miles of FUN

Saturday started at 3:30am for me. I got up got my stuff ready, had some toast w/ peanut butter then headed out the door to meet my two crazy girlfriends who were going to run the Provo River Half Marathon with me. We had all had babies earlier this year and I for one needed something to get me back into shape, so this was the perfect thing. It has been a much longer recovery this time around due to the unexpected c-section, and that has been really hard for me. I "trained", and I use that word loosely, putting in as much time as I could running on fumes due to a baby who wakes me up ever hour or so at night. But I ran it and I feel good that I did.
The first 5 or so miles where down hill and felt great. The rest of the race was still great, minus the mile up hill that killed my quads and calves, my legs were trashed by the end. I had really wanted to do it in under two hours, but ended up doing it in 2hours 8 minutes, so I was a little disappointed. I am looking forward to doing it next year with much more training!
We started up the Provo River Canyon and ended at the Shops at River wood. I loved coming through the finish line and seeing Will with the boys cheering me on. Thanks Will for getting the boys ready and making it down so early!!

5 comments:

Bree D. said...

Way to go!!!! I am so proud of you- I mean what other woman in the world runs a half marathon 6 months after delivering a baby c-section!! Don't feel bad about that time- it is fantastic! I am glad that Will and the boys were at the finish line, it feels good to see the support at the end.

Thelissa said...

You are amazing! And I do not mean that lightly. I really think you are!

Amy said...

YA Kelly! Wish I could've seen you.

Audrey said...

Congratulations!! That is a great accomplishment for you.

Amber said...

Great job! I am running in mine on Saturday. I will be glad to get it over with.