Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Festivities


Three days until Christmas! We are very excited around here. I love Christmas with kids!

It has been a blizzard here and so I think we are definitely in for a white Christmas, which is always wonderful.
Will and I were able to go to the Nutcracker last weekend. It was a first for both of us, and we really enjoyed it. It was also nice because I honestly can't remember the last time the two of us went out on a date!


Zack has been doing fun projects in pre-school. He made me a cute calender with pictures from his hands. I absolutely love it! He also had a "market" at school and was able to sell some hand made ornaments and cookies and then buy other things. I think he really enjoyed it.

Saturday night while Will was playing in a show I took Zack and Brody to a Christmas play at my neighbor's church. I was a little nervous taking them, but they behaved like little gentleman. I was so proud of them. The play was very well done. It was set back in the 1930's and the room was decorated like an old radio station and we were watching a live radio broadcast. We sat at round tables and the only light was from candles. It was very creative and everyone did a great job. The kids really enjoyed it too and I was so glad it captivated them, so I didn't have any embarrassing moments or have to chase them around.

Last night we made a ginger bread house. Zack has been wanting to do this for weeks and had so much fun.

We also drove around looking at Christmas lights. We found some great houses, a few of which put their lights to music. The best by far was the Holdman House in Lindon. It was amazing! They did such a great job. It seems to be quite an attraction and we did have to wait in line for a while to see the display, but it was well worth the wait!




Now all we have left to do is sit back, get snowed in, and wait for Santa to come!

Merry Christmas

10 comments:

Thelissa said...

I love that all of the big decorations on your tree are down low and the top is bear! Ha! I know who did the decorating!

Lindsay Heydenrych said...

Oh the tree is beautiful, as is the gingerbread house, and all of you! I wish I had little kids around Christmas - they make it so fun. And it sounds like you guys have been having fun! Merry Christmas!

Linda Clark said...

Wonderful things you are doing that really enhance the season... and things you and your boys will remember for a long time. The concerts and plays are favorite things for me to attend. have a very Merry Christmas with your cute boys (all of them!)

Dixiechick said...

I'm sorry, was that picture just taken?! What are you, like 2 minutes pregnant? I can NOT believe you are about to have a baby. You're ridiculous. Don't you ever tell me you're fat when you're pregnant. Have you seen me at 9 months?! Geesh.

Bree D. said...

Fun fun stuff! We tried to see those lights on Sunday night, but didn't know they had moved them to Lindon. We didn't have time to backtrack so it was out and I was sad. Glad that you were able to go!! Love the gingerbread house, very cute. You and Will both look great all dressed up for your date- I need to have one of those too sometime soon!!

Amber said...

You look so great Kelly! I am glad for the snow as well because it always makes Christmas more fun.

Sara said...

Fun, fun, fun! You look so pretty all dressed up for your date. I just love the Nutcracker, but haven't seen it in years! Very impressed that you took you boys to a play, too! Merry Christmas!!!

Paulene Davis said...

You and Will have always made such a stunning couple. I love that photo of you two. Christmas is the best with children. Yours boys help make our Christmas memorable. They enjoy life and I love to watch them.

Audrey said...

Gingerbread houses are always our highlight as well, but they never make it past a couple of days before they are picked clean! Hope you are feeling good. Merry Christmas!

Jodi Leishman said...

Kelly, you have the cutest family. A date to the nutcracker sounds so fun.
It was good to have dinner with you on Tuesday.
Take it easy.
Jodi