Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Heaven

That is where I am right now. Okay, actually I hope heaven is a whole lot better than this, but as far as mortal existences go I'm having a really great day. Why, you ask? Well, for starters it is absolutely perfect outside. The temperature is in the mid 70's which means every single window in my house is open and the fresh air is blowing through (I love this time of year). I'm laying across my bed playing on the computer while Zack plays with a friend and Brody naps. Not only that, Will bought me a present that I'm totally excited about! Does it get any better? Sure it does, but like I said, I'm pretty happy right now.

So, Will got me a new ipod and the Nike+ to go along with it. He understands why I like to have all these workout gadgets just as much as I understand why he needs so many gadgets for his drums. And I love him for not needing or having to understand, and just buying it for me(he got something new too)!!! The Nike+ is a device that tracks my every move while I run. It tells me how far I've gone, how many calories I've burned, and my pace, and I'm sure other things that I've yet to discover. It will also talk to me and tell me how I am doing along the way. I can download my favorite athletes workouts and their voice talks me through it, or I can download their play list. I can also join on-line communities and compete with other runners all over the world! I probably won't get super into it until I'm done being pregnant. I have started exercising again, as of last week. Monday I ran 4 miles and that is a big deal for me, right now. I say ran but that is probably a misrepresentation of what I was actually doing. More accurately, I was moving forward slightly faster than a fast walk, as my pace is about 3 or 4 minutes slower than my pre-prenancy pace, but who cares. It's impossible to worry about those things when I know someone else is depending on me for oxygen, so I just take it slow and enjoy the scenery!

Also, I think I can feel the baby move. I'm still at that stage where I'm not sure if it is gas or a baby. Oh, but what am I saying? I never have gas, I don't even know what it feels like. That would be disgusting! Yep, it must be a baby:)

7 comments:

Audrey said...

OOOHHH congrats on your new toy! I just love gadgety things too. Very sweet. If you are feeling baby move, then maybe you are at a point where you are feeling better?? I hope. There is nothing more special than those private kicks and bumps that only you know. So very cool!

Bree D. said...

So basically, we are now running at the same speed? Maybe I should come and join you now!!!! The new toy sounds really fun and the perfect thing for you! It was great to see you on Mon. and to know that you are feeling better.

teresa said...

Ryan got me the Nike+ too! It's way cool, especially when Lance Armstrong came on and said "that's your longest work out yet, Congratulations". I don't even like Lance and I only walked for like 2.5 miles...but hey it was still awesome!

Thelissa said...

I love when you can feel that baby move. Yeah!

Linda Clark said...

You'll love your new toy and Will is such a keeper! And way to go with not freaking over a frog like I would. So excited for your new little one, enjoy those moments with your cute boys,(all three of them!) I loved the pictures.

Paulene Davis said...

I am always happy to hear how you and Will understand each other and how you are both so giving to each other. Enjoy your new toy. And enjoy these beautiful days. I have my window open today and it feels wonderful.

Amber said...

I am envious of your new toy. I think I might want one next year. I can't believe you are running again. You are amazing!