Friday, July 18, 2008

blah, blah, blah

So, that is how I've been feeling lately. I'm sort of wondering why on earth I thought this getting pregnant thing would be a good idea. I'm also kind of sad that I'm not running the St. George marathon. I'm supposed to run 15 miles this weekend and since I haven't even made it out of bed one day this week to run, I'm not thinking that is going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be pregnant. There are so many women who are not able to conceive and I know I should not be complaining. I just can't help myself. I also know in a few more weeks I'll be able to eat again and feel somewhat normal, that is of course until I gain 500 pounds. It is funny how easy it is to forget the woes of pregnancy. God sure knew what he was doing when he designed the female brain! I seriously don't remember being this sick, although I'm sure that I was. My mom did tell me that her morning sickness get worse with each pregnancy, so maybe that is true for me too.

Anyway, I've had enough of feeling gross. Today I decided to pretend like I felt good, and try to be a good mom. I took the kids to the farm at Thanksgiving point. I was completely surprised that Brody was terrified of the animals. I also found his reactions to be really quite hilarious for some reason. When we rounded the first corner to see the sheep one let out a baaahhhh, this sent Brody running. We spent the rest of the time with him glued to me, burying his head in my shoulder. He would not even look at the animals, that is until he fell asleep on the wagon ride. After lugging 25 or so pounds of dead weight around in the heat, I decided it was time to leave. Brody of course woke up the minute I put him in the car, and since I was trying to avoid being at home, we went out to eat lunch. Everything tasted like cardboard to me, even the chocolate cupcake we all shared!?! What happens to taste buds when one becomes pregnant? Oh, well.... keeping the pounds off I suppose! Anyhow, I made it through the morning and actually felt okay.

Will is playing at the battle of the bands in A.F tonight and then we are going to take the kids to the carnival. It should be a lot of fun, although part of me would really much rather be curled in the fetal position in my bed. On the bright side tomorrow is Sat. and since Will will be home I'm hoping to get some rest minus little boys jumping on my head!!!

Okay, done complaining.....for today.

9 comments:

Bree D. said...

How about you just keep on posting like this to help remind me that I am NOT ready to go through it all again, adding on puking my guts out 20 times a day!!!! Just remember it is all worth it to have that little baby to rock and hold and that nine months isn't forever, even though it feels like it sometimes!!! Have fun at the carnival, my girls had a blast at strawberry day's. Good luck Will, you are going to do great!!!!

Paulene Davis said...

I am so sorry that you are feeling so yucky. Good for you for getting out of the house and enjoying the day. That Brody is a sweet sensitive boy. Have fun tonight at the battle of the bands. Sorry that we are unable to be there. You know who I would vote for if we were there.

Thelissa said...

I agree that God was smart when me made us forget the woes of the previous pregnancy, so we would do it again. I have pretty easy pregnancies, but the other day I was thinking about the actual labor part. That is creeping us on me and I keep wondering why I thought this was a good idea...again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kelly! This too shall pass...and you will have a beautiful baby to show for it! You're supposed to run 15 miles? For your long run or what is it for? You inspire me...but you already know that.

Sara said...

Kelly, sorry you're feeling so blah-ish lately! I remember my 2nd pregnancy was not nearly as much fun as my first and I was a bear to live with! You'll be back to your own self soon... just let that middle sag. :) While you have the excuse to veg you should read Eat, Pray, Love. I think you'd really like it! I've also started doing yoga 3 times a week and it makes me feels so good! I know it's not running, but therapeutic none the less.

Audrey said...

oh the memories just come flooding back. yikes. My heart just goes to you. Someone bought me a lemon scented candle once saying that it helped them not feel so icky. (It didn't help me - but just thought I would pass it along.) Hang in there!!! It will all fade from your memory when you look into that sweet baby face!

Linda Clark said...

You are a terrific mom to get out there and go even when you are feeling lousy. Congrats on having a new one soon. Would have been a crazed screaming fan at the Battle of the Bands, way to go Will!

Amber said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling good. Those first few weeks are the worst.

Ashly said...

I totally feel for you. I'm miserable for the first 16 weeks and I feel bad for anyone going through it. All I can say is GOOD LUCK!