Amy, Janna, and myself left Friday afternoon to meet the others who had left much earlier at 6am, so they could get in line for our wrist bands that would prevent us from waiting too long in line to get our actual book that night. I am so grateful to them for doing that, it saved us a lot of time and also guaranteed that we all got our books.
I think we arrived at Barnes & Noble around 8:30 and let me tell you it was an experience. I had no idea what nutty people were into this book and HOW MANY nutty people to boot, ranging in age from young to old. It made me feel much better about my own mild obsession. People were dressed up like the characters, not very well though, I sort of questioned weather or not some of them had actually read the book before deciding what to wear. I'm sure they where all having a great time and that is what counts. They had a trivia contest to win a free book. I think Amy's sister Jodi did most of the work but we all found a couple answers and it passed the time until we got our hands on our copy of the book.
Barnes & Noble kicked everyone out of the store at 11:30 to wait outside until they were ready to get the books out. Luckily the company was great and there were so many people to watch I didn't get bored.
We got our books right around 12:30 and headed home to start reading. Some of the crazy ones stayed up until 5:30am reading. I wish I could have done it but my eyes would not stay open so I fell asleep around 2:30. The latest I've stayed up in a long time, probably since I read the last book.
This is what the weekend looked like, just change up the people and positions. We just sat around reading all day. I only moved to go to the bathroom and eat. It was fabulous! Although I did feel mildly guilty for being in St. George and never going outside once. Well, I did eat breakfast outside, and it was already way to hot (that is my baby talking).
We had all finished the book by Sunday morning and it was fun to be able to discuss the book with so many people. We then watched "Pride and Prejudice", the one with Keira Knightley, which is my new favorite movie. I dreamed all Sunday night the Mr. Darcy and I where fighting vampires together.So, we sadly packed it up Sunday afternoon and left our great St. George retreat. I had such a great time not only reading a great book but meeting some great new friends, whom I'm hoping to see again soon:)
16 comments:
I'm SO glad you were able to come with us! It was a fabulous weekend! I can't believe how we felt like (young, non-pregnant) college girls off on a road trip!
Thanks for enduring our In-N-Out mania with us... we can be a bit obsessive sometimes.
I hope we can do this again sometime! You're stuck in our group now... no escaping.
Yeah for blog-stocking! I'll have to add you to my blog...It was a great weekend.
We'll need to plan another movie night too!
It was definitely an awesome weekend! I'm so glad you were able to come and were able to really enjoy reading the book without interruptions! The book is SO good!!! I love that you are now a Pride and Prejudice fan, it's my favorite!
What a fun weekend and I am jealous that I haven't just read the book straight through. I finished book 1 (Bella and on to book 2 - Jacob) and want to continue but alas...things to do. My daughter Collette likes Edward, I like Jacob, so who knows, will we both be happy with the ending???????????
How fun! I admit I have not read these books, but I hear they are good! What a fun weekend!
I'm so glad Amy brought you, you fit right in the family. Thanks for making great memories with us. I too am now a HUGE Mr. Darcy fan as I just found my new favorite movie.
With a house full of boys it was so fun to have GIRL TIME!
Jodi
It was so fun getting to know you that weekend and spending some girl time together! The book was awesome and so was that weekend!
How fun! I have a mild twilight obsession too and I finished the book pretty quickly also. It's pathetic, but I'm already mostly through the book for the second time. They are fun - huh!
What did you think of Breaking Dawn, anyhow? I have mixed reactions!
I'm jealous, it's official. I am half way through as I only get to read at bedtime, which usually lasts for about 40 minutes until my eyes close and I begin to drool!
Although I am not part of this following, I was at Borders at midnight with our visiting Denver friends so their daughter could get her copy. Your store looked a little more crowded than ours. I am so glad that you got a weekend away with some quality reading time and good friends. That is a lot of fun.
How fun! I can't wait to read the new book.
What a fun, fun weekend! That was a great way to really enjoy the book, without interruptions!! Glad you had such a great time!
Sounds like a fun trip! I spent the weekend reading too, getting frustrated every time somebody interrupted me for something as trivial as making them breakfast. Sheesh.
Just a side note...I finished book 2 Jacob...don't know how I am feeling about the book so far, but definately am going to finish it today. It's nothing like I thought it would be.
I loved looking at your photos and seeing first hand the mania that accompanied the release of this book. I am in the third book and am trying hard to finish it so that I can read the finale. I have heard that is worth the read. I am so glad that you were able to get away with friends. They are all very darling girls.
FUN! You look so great, Kelly!
Post a Comment