Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Puppy.......Love?

I've always said that Brody reminds me of a Labrador Retriever puppy. Great big floppy paws that he's sure to fill some day and a body that's just a tad to big for him to maneuver in any sort of coordinated fashion. He's always been sweet, cuddly, loyal... you know all the great attributes of a good Labrador.


However, recently he seems to have entered into the destructive not so endearing stage of his puppydom. He wanders around the house destroying anything in his path. I'd make a list of his daily mischievousness but I don't think there is room enough on this blog. I find this stage quite irritating. If he were a real puppy he would find himself kenneled for countless hours. I am glad he does not have sharp little teeth or the drive to chew on things or I am quite certain I would find the legs of my tables gnawed down to nubs. For his sake and mine I am glad he has those big blue puppy dog eyes that melt my heart..... most of the time.

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a great post! I've thought that same thing about your little Brody. He is one sweet little puppy.

Carolyn said...

Glad to know there is a tornado is someone else's house too! I sometimes wonder why I clean or put anything away!

Audrey said...

Oh this boy thing!! It sure keeps me guessing too. Good thing they have such sweet sweet faces. Love that Brody!

Sara said...

Oh, those EYES...he is so sweet! And so are you for living with him. ;)

Bree D. said...

I had never made that comparison before but you are spot on!!! Just a cute little sweet puppy :) despite the messes!