Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What once was lost.....

is now found. In the vent. Yes, I pulled all of these lovely items out of the vent this morning. Who knows what else managed to get so far down that my arm can't reach. I'm really hoping nothing because I don't want to deal with the wining, tantrums, and aimless searching that will ensue if that is the case.

So, I guess I've also been lost, in regards to the blogging world. I've become sort of dis-enamored by the whole blogging thing. Well mostly just the posting. I'm still fine with the "stalking" part. But it has been a very long time and I have some updates and some really cute pictures of my boys.

To start with Will and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on April 27!! We had a great anniversary, and celebrated early by going to a Ben Folds concert. Will has always liked Ben Folds and when we were dating he made me a "mix tape", with one of his songs "The Luckiest". It turned into one of my favorite songs and always makes me think that I am the luckiest to have such a great husband. Any way we played it at our wedding. I just love it, along with his other songs. Our kids love his music too. When Zack went through his "I scream in the car" phase, good old Ben was the only thing that would keep him quiet, and usually put him to sleep too. I also listened to his music on the way to the Birth center when I was in labor with Brody. His music really helped keep my mind off the contractions, and helped a lot! So, you see Ben has been part of our most memorable moments, and it was really cool to see him live. He even played "our" song!

Will also got me the BEST present ever. A Garmin Forerunner 305. It's a GPS system for running. It tracks my distance, pace, heart rate, elevation, courses...... basically everything, and is going to make running even more fun. I love it!

Speaking of running I did run my first Half Marathon on the 19th. It went really well. I ran it in 1:58:36. Which at first I was pleased with. But, then I started thinking about the 5min and 36seconds (I timed it) I stood in LINE to use the potty, and I'm really upset now because my time could have been better. I was trying to stay below a 9 min. mile and with out the potty break I could have done it. Guess I'll have to run another to improve my time, and NO potty breaks!!

Will's band finally found a singer and they were able to recored a professional demo the other day. I'm so excited for him and can't wait to hear it. I haven't seen or heard them with their new singer but I think their music is so great!Will and I also both taught our classes at church for the first time. I'm sure Will did very well because he is such a good teacher! I'm just glad to get my first one over with. I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack waiting for my turn! I'm hoping next month I won't be so nervous.

So I guess that pretty much catches us up. I'm just going to post some cute pictures I took of Brody and Zack (mostly Brody this time, I'll get more of Zack next time).
Brody was so tired one day that he fell asleep eating his lunch. It was really funny.
This is Brody's favorite pass time. He LOVES playing in the sink and can now drag a chair over by himself. Since he is so tall and comes equipped with ape like arms, reaching the faucet handle is no problem. I just throw some towels on the floor and he can entertain himself for quite a while. Actually he's doing it right now, which would be why I can update this blog:)
Brody loves the vacuum, he loves his bottle, and he loves opening this closet door and playing. So, as you can see he is in HEAVEN right now.
Both Brody and Zack like to dress up. Obviously since Zack is older he gets more into it, but lately Brody will bring me this hat or spider man's hat and want to wear them. Very cute!

They also both LOVE this parachute. Since there are rarely enough kids here to play with it properly they settled for me giving them a ride on it. They had a blast.

And lastly this is my cute boy in his favorite tub. It is supposed to hold Mr. Potato head and all his parts, but Brody just dumps them out and climbs right on in, with this huge grin on his face. My funny little man.

12 comments:

Thelissa said...

Hey, we've missed you on here! Glad to see you are ok. I am so impressed with your running abilities. I used to love to jog, but not so much now. Love the pictures and all the updated info!

Thelissa said...

Oh, I forgot to say that many an item has been found in our heating vents as well. The most notable would be several tubes of chapstick all twisted out and smooshed. I kept asking the kids where they went. One day I said, "well, I guess they got thrown away or are lost." Then Zach piped in, "no they're not...come see!" Hummmm, not his best day!

Amber said...

I love all the pictures. Your hair is so long, I love it! You are amazing that you can run like that.

Emily Call said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon and Happy Anniversary! I bet that concert was so much fun! Oh, and cute pictures of the boys.

Linda Clark said...

Congrats on 6 years. Will also introduced me and my kids to Ben Folds and I remember how romantic it was to hear "The Luckiest" at your wedding. I hope that you can post some of Will's new recordings, that would be fantastic and just as good as Ben!

Amy said...

Congrats on 6 years! And on your marathon!! Amazing! (I'd deduct that 5 minutes you waited in line for the bathroom... it's only fair ;)
I love that other children stash things in vents too... oh the fun.
Love the pictures of your kids! Welcome back to the blogging world.

Carolyn said...

Dang! I missed your lesson since I was out of town. I was looking forward to you teaching. Hey, you should have lower utility bills now with the increased efficiency of your vents after removing all that stuff. Awesome job on the half marathon!

Jessica said...

Great update. I was wondering what happened to you :) Congrats on the half marathon! I think that completing it under two hours is pretty amazing. I'm glad Will was able to find a good singer and that the boys are staying cute and very well entertained. Happy anniversary!

Bree D. said...

Happy anniversary! I am horrible at remembering dates, but I did remember it was in April!! Congratulations on you half marathon- that is a great time, and I agree, don't count the bathroom brake. Your new toy sure sounds like fun, Paul was telling me all about it the other day- I told him it was PERFECT for you. The boys look cute as ever.

Cynthia said...

Okay I have two comments. 1 - In that top pic of you and Will, you look so so pretty. And 2 - you did such a great job on Sunday. Truly. And I promise the nerves will be less and less each time you teach. Oh, and I agree with Amy - you definitely should deduct the bathroom break from your time. So I guess I had three comments. Wait, four - your boys are really cuties.

Sara said...

YOU'RE BACK! Love the pics & congrats to you on everything: anni, teaching, marathon running, adorable boys...what next! ?!

Audrey said...

Loved the lost items. We have those same wooden cookies. Happy Anniversary! and thanks for being such a great wife to my baby brother. You two are great together. Your running accomplishments amaze me! Yeah next time don't take a potty break. (you know I am kidding because if I ran it, I'd have to take a heart attack break)