Wednesday, August 29, 2007

30 is a good number


It is official Will and I are now both 30. I've decided that my 30's are going to be the best. My early 20's where a bit sketchy. Spent mostly figuring out who I was and what I wanted out of life. I'm glad that is mostly done, I guess I will always be growing and learning, but it will be much funner now with my sons and husband along with me. Now I get to help my boys grow into respectful young men with a strong sense of self and purpose (help!) and I think that is what my thirties will be mostly consumed with. I can't think of my time spent any better.
Will and I had a great day celebrating his monumental birth day. We went golfing at Talon's Cove. Will golfed amazingly and has improved so much since the last time I'd gone with him. He hit a couple pars and even a couple birdies. The weather was amazing and I remembered how much I love being out on the golf course. I'm definitely going to have to invest in some clubs of my own so I can enjoy playing the sport not just riding along in the cart. We had our good friends Scott and Amy watch Zack and enjoyed time with just Brody, something I don't think we've done since he was born. He loved being out side on the course just as much as Will and I. I remember taking Zack out as an infant, he always loved it too. I'll include pictures when I figure out how to do that. Right now Zack is climbing on my head and Brody just woke up. I better run.

6 comments:

Paulene Davis said...

Congratulations. I love your blog. I really liked reading your feelings about your upcoming 30"s. It was very tender to read of your feelings for your boys, all three of them. Darling name for your blog and blog address. Great job.

Dad Davis said...

30 is a good number and it just gets better. Ah the 30's. Well we are looking forward to have a new golf partner so get some clubs and let's go!

Audrey said...

Yay! You are a blogger. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch through our postings. I'll add your blog link to my blog. Now we are not just family, but we are blog linked!

Jessica said...

I am so glad you have a blog! I'm glad that we'll be able to keep in touch this way. I'm also glad Will had a good birthday. It is a pretty monumental year and I could only hope that I will run a triathalon on my 30th!

Linda Clark said...

I was thrilled to see that you have a blog and that I can keep up with you and Will and your cute boys. It is wonderful to stayed linked to the Davis family, that is for sure!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Will!!!! I love the pictures, and I'm glad you guys had such a good birthday celebration. I can't get over how cute your family is! So excited that you have this up - I bet we'll keep in touch better this way. Miss you guys!